One of the things that leaving Seattle did for me is to make me so aware of how much I love the city. I do. I have lived in Seattle longer than I have lived anywhere ever. 6 years. Not much in the grand scheme of things but 4 years was my record before that and only because I had to be in Las Cruces to go to college. As a child of divorced parents with a dad always on the move, I was subject to a variety of homes. It was good in a lot of ways, teaching me diversity and how to adapt to anything but now I find myself left with a craving for more.
After moving around so much, I have really liked having a place to call home. A city that I know and love that is mine. So now, not having an address there, feels weird.
Someone said to me recently that your not always born in the place that is home, sometimes you have to find it. Well I think I found mine, but I have a few things to do before I can settle in.
No comments:
Post a Comment